Monday 4 November 2013

End of a Hard Day


16" x 16"

This is a drawing I did on black paper with white pastel, having done a number of graphite drawings that you gradually apply graphite to produce the darker tones that are the shadows, I wondered what it would be like to do the reverse and start with the dark tones ie black paper, and put in the lighter areas varying the amount of white pastel to  produce the light areas.
This subject was from a photograph taken in low light conditions that gave me just what I was looking for, mind it was hard getting the brain to accept the opposite to what I previously carried out in other drawings, as I have said its about pushing oneself to produce gain experience and produce better work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love to hear what people think.